Old
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Edler was extended by the previous regime. Roberto is the only guy that Gillis has extended a season early and that's probably the deal he regrets most.
As has been pointed out, Edler was extended by Gillis. Gillis was hired prior to the 2008 draft, and Edler was extended in October of that year.

Quote:
I agree, Jones shouldn't have got 4M. Burrows is the heart and soul of this team, but it just seems really high to give him 5.5M a year. I'd be fine with 4.5M but once we're cracking 5M it just seems like too much to be honest.

But yes, Burrows is arguably my favorite Canuck all-time. I would scream and throw a fit if GMMG released him or traded him away.
The market increases salaries all the time. A few years ago, David Jones would have been worth about $2.5m per year, now he's worth $4m per year. It will look strange when compared to the salaries of guys like the Twins @ 6.1, Kesler @ 5 and Bieksa and Hamhuis @ 4.6 and 4.5, but when you take into account that the maximum annual salary a player can get next year under the current CBA will be about $14m, $5m~ seems like a very fair price for a 25-30 goal player who gives 100% each night and is elite-level defensively.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote