Old
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adityase View Post
I think it's amazing how this team came together, and of course Lombardi was a big part of it... but I'll always think Lombardi basically backed into a SC winner. Especially the moves in the last year and a half. Some felt more like job saving transactions.
This doesn't make any sense. Dean came to LA with a vision: build from the net out and through the middle. He drafted Bernier and developed Quick. Drafted nothing but defense in the first round and beyond to stock the team, knowing that defensemen take longer to develop (unless you are Doughty). Drafted some great players in the 2nd round (Simmonds and Voynov). Traded for Richards to slot behind Kopitar. Then used an extra defenseman (Johnson) to acquire the sniper the Kings needed to complete the puzzle (Carter).

Firing Murray was his most important move and I'm just glad he didn't wait too long. Sutter was an amazing hire and he was nothing like the media painted him. I don't know if he changed or if he was never the guy the media made him out to be.

If Sutter stays in LA, the Kings should be a much improved regular season team and could make another run in the playoffs, if healthy.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote