Thread: Speculation: Burrows & Edler
View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We don't give guys what they could get on the open market. If Burrows wants to squeeze everything he can out of this next contract he's going to have to do that somewhere else.

Also, Burrows did not take a major pay cut, he got a raise. He signed the deal after half a season of producing with the twins. Rather then sign a shorter term deal to prove his new offensive prowess and earn more money he opted for term and security. The Canucks owe him nothing.
Tell that to the mass of people here who think Burrows is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I wouldn't want to pay him anymore then a $3-3.5 per on a 3-4 year deal. People seem to forget that he turns 33 next April before his new deal will even kick in. I think Burrows is a great player but his age and the style he plays is going to catch up with him sooner rather then later. I am not one who thinks he is worth $5M a year for 6 years... and I also believe he took a pay cut signing a 4yr $2M per extension last time. Regardless if he played with the Sedin's or not has nothing to do with statistical negotiations. His numbers had him easily in the $3M-$4M range yet he wanted to stay. This time around he will be swinging for the fences. Bank on it

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote