View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 04:12 PM
JABEE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
all this proves is that the trades finally helped us beat the penguins on a consistent basis.

this team is well suited for run-and-gun hockey. they might even be the best in the league at it, but that's not what wins championships. defensively we took a huge step back in dealing richards and carter. giroux will continue to develop into a two-way forward but he's not quite there yet. read and couturier showed insane promise this year, but they were just rookies. we're just gonna have to be patient, something philadelphia's sports fans are not known for.

if you honestly believe that richards and carter were bad for this team and if that helps you sleep at night, that's fine. at the end of the day, they're stanley cup champions and they did it without the flyers. to me, that sucks. it should've happened here, and it could've.

i like our new team. i just hope our fans and our GM can be patient this time around.
I think Giroux, Couturier, and a full-season of Schenn at center, will show a great improvement among the defensive efficiency of the forwards. The Flyers got good value in return for Carter and Richards.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote