View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
michaelshu

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to michaelshu Send a message via Skype™ to michaelshu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post
I think it makes sense to start off in Montreal though, because flying from Montreal to Vancouver you will gain three hours because Vancouver is 3 hours behind Montreal. Plus this way makes getting back to Indonesia a lot less of a pain in the butt... I'm sure Vancouver to Indonesia is considerably less bothersome than Montreal to Indonesia... I'd get the big flight out of the way at the start of your vacation, and work my way back to Vancouver.

If you spend 9 days in Montreal... You will have time to see just about everything... Montreal is a great city for outdoor hockey in the winter... So you won't have to spend any money or find out schedules for open hockey at indoor rinks... (which is always a lot less frequent during the fall/winter, because that's when hockey leagues are most active, and they take up a lot of ice time)

You just show up to one of the many outdoor rinks in Montreal and play... People will be there. And I'm sure they will enjoy the fact some dude from Indonesia showed up to play Shinny!

End the trip off with 5 days in Vancouver... You'll see a lot of Canada... And you'll have ample amount of time in both cities. Maybe go 8 days Montreal/ 6 days Vancouver.

If you go to three or 4 cities... I really think you're just selling yourself short. Stick with 2 cities, and your trip will be more enjoyable! 3 or 4 cities in two weeks... = too much travelling, IMO.

hope this helped.
I think you just made me my travel plans, buddy! Thanks, this certainly will help a lot.

Especially the bit about flight routes andt time differences, I didn't know that at all and yes I'm flying from Indonesia

The reason I didn't like NY is because it's not really suitable for relaxation or vacation, you know.. the city is busy and people are walking too fast. Yes, I live in Jakarta.. it's pretty much a busy city like NY, except a lot dirtier..

Though i would really love to visit the HHOF, is it worth the trip?

michaelshu is offline   Reply With Quote