View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
As someone who was pretty neutral this series, I believe you guys got absolutely jobbed, and not just in this game.

I know it's been vogue for a while for media and even fans to dismiss horrible calls that directly influence games and say how if they just did this, that, or the other, a good team should be able to overcome bad calls.

It's complete nonsense.

No, you shouldn't have allowed 3 PP goals, but why should you have had to kill a 5 minute penalty to begin with? The play should have been called dead after the Stoll hit, and to make matters worse, Penner forearms a Devil's defenseman right in the mouth in front of the referee right before the whistle blew.

I'm sorry, but that makes all the difference in the game. You guys were simply not given a fair shake in that period, and nothing you did afterward would have made a difference after LA scored their goals. It was a screw job of epic proportions, and I hope DeBoer comes out next week and says something about it.

Heck, even though the game was already over, what business does a linesman have standing at the circle when it's anything but an icing call when he runs into Volchenkov?

I haven't gone through the entire thread to get everyone's opinion, but man oh man I'd be bouncing off the walls right now if it was the Pens.
Thank you for the kind words. It's been hard to have this point of view here because for some reason I guess it's not classy or something to question how a game was officiated in a losing effort against a good team?

I don't have the stomach to review the plays leading up to and during the fateful powerplay, but like you said, they let so much go for the Kings during that stretch. I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching.

I'd like nothing more than to tip my hat to the winning team. There is no shame in losing, but I honestly feel like I have been robbed of that opportunity. I absolutely cannot stand behind some of the decisions that were made on the ice yesterday. I just can't.