View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 08:30 PM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
You are simply trolling at this point...

There are TWO spots on the roster for goalies... 3 if you want to count being an AHL starter. We have all those spots filled, and want draft ANOTHER goalie with a 1st round pick...

Thats a completely different situation because both Noesen and Grigerson could make the team at some point. Do you seriously think Lehner and Subban will be our starter and backup?

I said what I said, and if you disagree then fine, but dont try and look smart by changing my words. It isnt working

Lehner isnt making the team next year, and Anderson is singed for 2 more years after that.

2012-2013: Anderson + Bishop
2013-2014: Anderson + Bishop
2014-2015: Anderson + Bishop
2015-2016: Subban + Bishop

Subban would have 3 full years to develop, and theres no way in hell Lehner waits that long. Anderson has been really good for us too.
It might not happen, but you cant say it doesnt make sense. Especially considering the return we could currently get on Lehner.
You are saying you are up for trading a prospect we've been developing for a while for basically a lesser prospect when there really is no need... Bishop and Anderson are more likely to be traded than Lehner. Andy probably gets traded at the end of next season, allowing Lehner to take the starting job backed by Bishop. If Lehner is ready that is...