View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Couturier is stellar defensively. Shockingly good for an 18 year old kid, for that matter. Schenn isn't at that level but may become so. Giroux is not good defensively - not by a long shot. Can he improve? Yes. Will he? Who knows?

The Flyers got a good return if the Flyers are able to resign all four players to contracts that will fit under the cap, and if the Flyers are able to address some of the other deficiencies up and down the lineup. HOWEVER, before any of that happens, the defense will need to be rebuilt because the top 2 defensemen are old and/or damaged, perhaps beyond repair. That is where my frustration lies. By the time the forwards are ready and able to compete, the defense will not be, and we have no freakin' clue which Bryz we're going to see next year. Hopefully it's the guy we saw in March.

I hate that Richards isn't a Flyer and I doubt that will ever change. But I really hate that the team took a step back again.

I am lucky - I saw the Flyers win a Cup. I saw them win two. But it's been a very long time and there is a generation of Flyers fans who have no idea what that feels like, and the chances of all of us celebrating another one in the near future are slim.
My feelings precisely

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote