View Single Post
Old
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Try explaining to leafs nation why approximatly 15 million in cap are not going to play for your team, but a player (who hasn't been drafted yet) deserves to step in and play? We don't have a lot of cap space to be making big signings.

I agree that Lombardi and Komisarek will be sharing the press box for a good chunk of the season, but Armstrong has shown great leadership and a quality to create penalties against the other team.

Who says Komarov is going to step in either? How has he locked down a role on the fourth line? Because he threatened to go as UFA? You're kidding me.
Because 15 million should be sold off to make room for big signings. Not to mention Frattin, Kadri, Franson and too a lesser extent D'aimgo have proven that they deserve a shot. Every season, almost every top 5 player jumps in to the line-up, even contenders sometimes have top 10 picks play the season they are drafted (i.e. Philly):

Lets look:

2011 - RNH, Landeskog, Larsson did, Strome and Hubredeau did not
2010 - Hall, Seguin, Johansen did, Gubranson and Neiderreiter did not
2009 - Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane did, Schenn did not
2008 - Stamkos, Doughty, Bogosian, Schenn did, Pietrangelo did not
2007 - only Kane
2006 - Staal, Kessel did, Toews, Backstrom, Johnson did not
2005 - Only Crosby
2004 - N/A
2003 - Fleury, Staal, Horton, Zherdev did, Vanek did not

The majority of the time, the majority of the top 5 picks play the season after their draft

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote