Thread: Speculation: Burrows & Edler
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 04:14 AM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
If Burrows doesn't get that money here, I guarantee you he'll get at least $5m elsewhere. If David bloody Jones can get a $4m deal, Burrows can certainly fetch $5m.
I agree and this is what people seem to forget or are unwilling to accept. It isn't about what he's worth to the Canucks at this point. It is about what he could get as a UFA. People don't seem to understand that this is Burrows last real contract and he's going to cash in as much as he can. The guy is a family man now, a Dad, he has more then just himself to think about this time around and no way he signs for anything less then market value. As a UFA Alex Burrows easily finds a team willing to pay him $5M, maybe even $5+M on a longer term deal. If Vancouver wants to keep Alex then great, but it's going to cost term if they want to keep the cap hit down and all I am saying is that Burrows plays a very tough style of game and nobody can keep that up for ever. People also don't seem to understand that Burrows will also be 33 in the first year of his next deal. No way I sign him to any longer then 3-4 years. All this talk about rewarding him for his service to date and signing him to a longer term deal to say thanks is, imo, dangerous.

MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote