View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 05:01 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
I love the logic in there, Skinner has also became a more important player despite leading his team to crapness in both NHL seasons he's played. He his a good player don't get me wrong but some Carolina fans are really delusional
I haven't read the threads, but it's not delusional to think that we would need to add something in a Staal for Skinner swap. We may be able to get it straight up due to Staal's experience and whatnot, but we aren't getting the extra coming back our way I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
You don't think he'll detract too much from Martin's value?

QUESTION: IF you could keep Staal long term, give him a little more in terms of offensive talent (and have him share instead of monopolize the defensive situation assignments with Sid and Geno) AND in the process give Sid and Geno both a pair of good wingers (not both all starts but comparable to what Geno had this year), then would you be willing not only to move Martin and TK BUT also willing to move Nisky and one of Orpik or Michalek? It would mean maybe signing a guy like Bryan Allen, relying on kids on defense, and waiting until the deadline to make impact moves to upgrade the defense. BUT, if that meant keeping Staal and setting up Sid and Geno properly and Staal in a situation that gives him more of an offensive role, is it worth it? Is it the right thing to do?
So we'd have Letang, Engo, Michalek, Despres, Allen, Strait, Bortuzzo and Lovejoy as our top 8 D? I know jack about Bryan Allen. Is he a capable top 4? Didn't he sing summer of 69?

It would depend on who the talent is coming back. I'm leaning towards no unless it leaves enough cap to bring in a top 4 deadline upgrade. Really, it entirely depends on how Shero and Disco feel about Despres, one of Strait/Bortuzzo and potentially Morrow.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 06-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.