View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I see you. I though about long travel distance to Ural city. If tourney take place somwhere in Switzerland or so, then ok.
I agree that it's rather unusual for a team to play a tournament that far away, but I think that this journey is not just good for testing several players, but also a good way to build a team/create a team spirit....

Quote:
Another point, does Kölner Haie have good relationship with KHL clubs?
Well, as far as I know they don't have any good relationships with KHL clubs. They've played a tournament in Porpad last year along with Lev Poprad, but I haven’t heard about other connections to any KHL team.

Quote:
As I know, club does not play European Trophy, why?
Well, as far as I’m informed only the top seated teams play in the European Trophy, like Berlin, Mannheim, Hamburg and Ingolstadt this year. (1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th seeded teams, Wolfsburg finished in the 3rd seed but doesn't play in the European Trophy tournament) Cologne finished 9th in the regular season and got to the quarterfinal in the playoffs, so they don’t play well enough to qualify for the European Trophy.

Quote:
There was rumour about 3 german clubs wanting to join KHL in last year. It was said by vicepresident KHL. Is Kölner Haie one of them? Maybe it is answer for my previous Q about relationship... hmm?
Definitely no. First of all, Cologne has not the money to finance a KHL team. They’d get shredded in nearly every game. Secondly, the (German) fans (in general) don’t like the idea of joining another league. They think each team should play in its own country’s league.
Personally, I’d love to see my Kölner Haie playing in the 2nd best league, but I guess around 70% of the other fans don’t like the idea at all.
The rumor that came up last year included Berlin, Mannheim and Hannover.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote