View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 11:08 AM
feeel10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Annnnnd... Who coached those gong-show squads? Who was the roster he had to work with?

You do understand that you cant fix a disaster over night.... Right? I mean, you wouldn't look at an empty lot, or worse, a run-down house, and say to yourself "i'll be moved in about a week... ".... Right? Unless you follow it up with "derrrp".

I agree, that it hasn't turned around fast, but his only mistake in this "rebuild" was feeding meladramatic fans the idea that it wasn't going to be 5 years. Any rational fan could look at the roster and the farm system he walked into, and know he was going to fall short on that claim.
that is a good point that many of us fail to realize. I truly agree with you, Burke failed his fans by ''believing'' the leafs would make the playoffs and nothing happened. But look at the left-overs he got from JFJ when he signed here. Lets not lie, our organization was laughable, and our best players : kaberle, ponikarvski, kubina and maybe stajan, look where they are now. The marlies were a bunch of veterans and weak prospects who couldnt make the playoffs. Theres not many GM who can walk into a disaster like that and build a strong depth at almost every position like we have. Look at the habs, Pierre gauthier gets fired, some guy, marc bergevin, comes in with a 3rd overall pick, subban, price,diaz, emelin, a young club and many promising prospects.

still, if BB cant do anything at the draft table than draft another defenseman, hes the worst gm in the league. (sarcasm)

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote