Old
06-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
+1 !

It's almost like if there's not perfection, then it's unacceptable. I'm not saying that issues such as that shouldn't be discussed, but some people really need to realize that during a season that lasts about 9 months, there's going to be good times, bad times, some adversity and misfortune. Within the history of the franchise, there are going to be mistakes made and that's just the way it is. It makes the seasons more interesting and well, it's why we frequent message boards like this. Blowing past events out of proportion is not constructive at all. There are a lot of teams that would like to make the playoffs every year....Poile has put us consistently in a great position over the years, especially factoring in the adversity and constraints the team has faced.
People are concerned about the direction of the team and frankly, who can blame them? The loss of Suter, the 2nd betrayal of Rads, failed postseason are all things that are going to have long term consequences on the franchise.

We are resilient, we will be back, but I (and others) aren't convinced Trotz is the man to get us there and to some extent and speculation you have to look at this year and say this was our year to really do some damage and we failed to do so besides eliminating Detroit. A lot of people speculated that this up coming year would be the year, but all that hinged on us keeping key players... which we aren't. Therefore, I think some criticism is certainly valid.

Last edited by TMI: 06-13-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: edited quote and reply