View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 12:04 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
The pending Nash trade makes me think it's less likely that C'bus moves the 2nd pick for a volume of picks & prospects. They will get their volume from the Nash deal and then keep the 2nd pick to add an impact player.

That's the way I would approach it if I were in their shoes.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blog.htm?id=220

That is freaking awesome.

I'd give up Ennis and 12 for #2. Although, I might offer up Vanek & 12 first.

The other question is could the Sabres get up to 3 [with Montreal there, I doubt it] or 4 if C'bus goes in another direction, like taking Murray.

Or, could there be a scenario where Edmonton wants to take Murray, so they flip picks with C'bus so they can take Yakupov and Galchenyuk gets to 3+ that way?
I am right there with you in wanting Galchenyuk. He was going back and forth with Yakupov last year for the number one overall. Who knows...If he did not get injured he could of very well been the consensus number one overall, especially being a tall strong center which is more valuable then a winger. (Ovechkin or Crosby) Centers are always worth more value to teams.

It will take quite a bit to get him however. IMO he does not slip past the Habs. So that means trading up to 2! I do not think Regier makes a move that involves trading Hodgson who he just got...and Ennis who exploded in the second half of last year. But CBJ are in the beginning stages of a complete rebuild. I'd trade all first 4 picks McNabb and maybe another prospect...Maybe that would get it done?

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote