View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I wouldn't trade Skinner for Staal straight up either. It's not that they aren't of equal value (not commenting on it either way), it's just that, for Carolina, they are trying to gain an impact player, not swap one for another.
I agree. I'm all for putting the main board idiots in their place WRT to Staal, but Jeff Skinner has major upside aside from already proving himself to be a very talented offensive player. On this team only Sid and Malkin would be more skilled. He's better than Neal on account of equally good goal scoring skills, but much better skating and puck-handling skills. Would make no sense for them to trade him to anyone. If they make a trade for Staal it's almost guaranteed that the two biggest pieces coming back would be Sutter and their #8 Draft Pick. If we're lucky they might add a guy like McBain or Ruutu into the mix in exchange for one of our picks.

We're not getting Jeff Skinner. Carolina isn't run by a bunch of Rhesus monkies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
I couldn't agree more, but it is a very realistic possibility. Especially with Shero being the passive GM that he is.

This flies in the face of everything Shero has done. Getting Sid, Geno, Staal, Letang, Fleury, Orpik under their current contracts: not passive. Going after Hossa: not passive. Trading for Hamhuis' rights: not passive. Going out and getting Martin and Michalek (whether it works out in hindsight or not): not passive. Signing Vokoun: not passive.

Learn what the word means before you use it.