View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I agree. I'm all for putting the main board idiots in their place WRT to Staal, but Jeff Skinner has major upside aside from already proving himself to be a very talented offensive player. Would make no sense for them to trade him to anyone. If they make a trade for Staal it's almost guaranteed that the two biggest pieces coming back would be Sutter and their #8 Draft Pick. If we're lucky they might add a guy like McBain or Ruutu into the mix in exchange for one of our picks.

We're not getting Jeff Skinner. Carolina isn't run by a bunch of Rhesus monkies.

This flies in the face of everything Shero has done. Getting Sid, Geno, Staal, Letang, Fleury, Orpik under their current contracts: not passive. Going after Hossa: not passive. Trading for Hamhuis' rights: not passive. Going out and getting Martin and Michalek (whether it works out in hindsight or not): not passive. Signing Vokoun: not passive.

Learn what the word means before you use it.
I was more using it in they way that. Shero is not quick respond, to such needs(but thats OT). Honestly i see Shero waiting untill the deadline to unload Martin. I want Martin gone. That being said, he had a great year the year before last, that is why Shero will probably refrain from tradeing him.

Edit: Shero is one of the rare GM's that see the "good" or talent within players, this has been evident by picking up Adams when he was on waivers, Cal O'reilly as well, and all the vet signing over the years. Shero doesn't concern himself with the "What have you done for me lately" concept, but sometimes i wish Shero would be harder on players. Ergo some Montreal GM's, just not quite as hard as the Montreal GM's.

Last edited by Dovahkiin: 06-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.