Old
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
This is a joke right?

I mean we go to the ends of the earth to get Bryz - he has one bad year of a 9 year contract, so we should instead revert back to a carousel of backup goalies?

Come on - if Bryz has another bad year, I won't constantly chime in to defend him to bashers but to ship him out after 1 season in a new city seems ridiculous.

What happens then? We already sign players to lengthy contracts (Carter and Richards) and they can't feel safe - luckily we have Giroux and such. You do this to a goalie after our city is already notorious for how tough we are on goalies, what kind of great goalie will want to sign here?

Who would think to themselves, gee I am a top caliber goalie and I want to play in Philly? Forget it. You have to give Bryz a bit of a chance.

Not to mention, Suter is not coming here.

I would love to have JJ and their second over all or one or the other.

I could care less about Nash. But, I am not willing to revert back to the backup tandem tradition that has been the past few years.
The goaltender is always going to be the scape goat on this team because fans will never admit to any other shortcoming. Our defense was one of the worst groups in the league pre-deadline. Doesn't make a difference to people though

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote