View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 04:14 PM
DuckJet
HF Bad boy

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
I'm sure that they're not but I highly doubt they are as one-sided as suggesting that Boston would have to offer up Seguin + Hamilton + something else for Perry. I noticed that you didn't say anything about the proposal.
It would take at least Seguin ++. Perry is the best bang for buck superstar in the league and nothing is going to change that. If Getzlaf wasn't playing with his head in his *** Perry would've easily hit 45 this year. I mean he was only 3 markers shy of 40. Guys like that who can also play effective penalty kill, forechecks like a beast, has the size to be almost unstoppable with the puck, and has the agitator style of play that throws opponents off of their games AND he only makes 5.5 mill a year (and probably won't get more than 6.7m on his next contract)...well...Anaheim doesn't HAVE to move Perry and they don't want to. They'd ask for Seguin and Hamilton just as a starting point. It may sound ridiculous to you, but you have to give to get. You can't throw scraps and secondary assets at us and hope something sticks. Perry is one of the top forwards in the West and probably the top right winger in the league...as one Boston fan said, you're gonna need to move mountains to get him. Seguin+Hamilton in Anaheim's mind is only a jumping off point.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote