View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
welcometothebigshow2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I had to chuckle when Peter Nevin compared Gagne to Steve Bernier.
“He’s a better skater and has more size than Steve Bernier had at the same age,”
Bernier was very out of shape and was overweight and Gagne is 158lbs..

Christian Dubois
“Another comparison for him would be (Acadie-Bathurst Titan centre) Matthew Bissonnette. He’s a natural goal scorer. He’s certainly someone to watch in training camp.

Anyone who watches the QMJHL should know Bissonette is more of a playmaker. He definately thinks pass first.

Kind of strange comments by Moncton scouting staff, one has to wonder why they were fired the following day.
I really don't know why Nevin and co. were fired. I doubt we will ever know. But yeah, those are some strange comparisons for Gagne, not only two completely different players, but they like you said, Bissonette is more of a playmaker. I think what they were trying to do is compare him to a former Wildcat with Bernier. I personally see him like a little bit less physical Rick Nash, the same guy who he compares himself too. The guy also has lots of room to grow at barely 160 pounds if that is correct measurements. Very excited to see if Flynn will keep him for the year. Playing Espoir this year a year of AAA would definetly benefit him, but it would not shock me to see him in the line-up. Would you like me to try some comparisons for other Wildcats draftees? I seem to have gotten lots of time on my hands lately...

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote