Thread: Voynov.
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 04:44 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

vCash: 500
One thing we all need to remember, besides the fact he is/was a rookie, is that his Manchester scouting report was that he was an offensive defenseman that had work to do on tightening his defensive responsibilities. I have no doubt that next year, he will be more decisive when faced with forecheck pressure and be better on the breakout. I don't think he did a terrible job with his one on one defending. I thought most of his miscues came when trying to initiate the breakout, holding it just a bit too long and then turning it over.

I wouldn't be surprised if something is physically ailing him because I didn't see the speed that he's known for. Remember, he won AHL fastest skater competition last year. Imagine when he learns to utilize that speed to his advantage when retrieving and carrying the puck out of the zone. I'm not worried about the kid. Think of how Martinez looked in his first stint, then his second. Then King last year, and then this year. I expect Slava will make a similar leap next season. He's still learning and did it on the grandest stage against the toughest competition. Kid is going to be good.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote