View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

vCash: 500
Negative. But Quick definitely just cemented his candidacy for years to come. Fair or not, some of these awards in part are based on having a resume of past accomplishments, than what you did during the actual season. I'm not saying that Henrik isn't deserving, because he is. But I would not be surprised if the voting isn't even close in Lundqvuist's favor.

Next year, Henrik's resume doesn't compare to Quick's. When you win the Conn Smythe, the nation is forced to take notice. Henrik was a little better in the playoffs than his regular season. In the playoffs, Quick's numbers destroyed Henrik's. In the entirety of the 2011/2012 season, Quick was the best goaltender in the NHL, bar none. I will say Henrik's Hart nomination was a total joke. But in the end, the Kings and Quick have the hardware that matter. There isn't anyone out there who would recognize Lundqvuist as the better goaltender today. It's like the Blues fans who keep saying that Pietro is a better player than Doughty because of his regular season and that what Drew did in the Playoffs doesn't overshadow Pietro's regular season. Well, yeah...yeah it does. Drew has a resume that Pietro doesn't. Drew was the most dominant defender of the playoffs and it ain't even close. Anyway, I was all over the place on this post, but Quick won't win it. Not this year.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote