View Single Post
Old
11-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
It most likely would take an overpayment to get Luongo out of Florida. However, I still feel that this is way too much for him.

Bure and Odelein could have been had this offseason, therefore, it breaks down to something like htis.

Hejduk, Aebischer >/= Luongo
Ballard >>> Bure
2nd Rounder >> Odelein

Thanks, but no deal--especially after salary and age are factored in to the equation.
I don't buy this for a second. Luongo is the best player in the deal. Franchise goalies that are at or near the top of the Vezina race playing for weak teams are not very common. Luongo is a star already and he's just starting to scratch the surface of what he can do. I really can't see how Colorado overpays so much for him in this deal. Luongo would likely grab all of that offered just for him alone, he's that good. It's a mute point anyway, Florida won't be dealing him.

With the way Bure has been playing his value is starting to rise again, looks like he may be returning to some offensive form that he had before. He's still not a great value at this point but I think Florida would likely hold onto him unless the deal was worthwhile. Yes, Hejduk, Aebischer and Ballard is a nice package but if I had Luongo, I would pass. He is a special player.