View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 09:33 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
So you're willing to say right now, with no doubt, that Schenn and Couturier will be better than Richards and Carter? If the younger two are 60 point players, that doesn't make them better than Richards/Carter- they're already 60-70+ point players that have well-rounded games, and in Richards' case a fantastic 2-way game.

Schenn and Couturier have a lot of upside and might possibly end up being better, but it's not like every player fulfills their potential. I think both will be good players, but how good is something we don't know yet.
I believe they will be, but OF COURSE time will tell. Again, Daigle was can't miss, and he was terribad. I thought JVR would flourish this year with an increased role too...that also didn't happen.

Couturier was pegged to be the #1 pick before this year, and nothing he's done on ice has removed him from that "projection". Were he picked by the Oil he could have had a realistic chance at the calder...with an increased role. The sky is the limit with him.

Schenn has been a winner, and a major contributor for team Canada.

Both of these guys can be as good as they want to be...and it doesn't hurt to have work ethics like Jagr and Giroux rubbing off on them.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote