Thread: Speculation: Ryan Suter
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 10:22 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
If you go by just what you bolded, I'd agree it was an attack but if you read what I wrote after that, I think that explains everything. If you want to take it personally, that's your right but I was trying to draw a parallel between you and Suter and you took it the wrong way. If you want to have an opinion, that's great but when a parallel is given to you about what Suter is doing and comparing it to what you might do in a job search that benefits your career and family, I fail to see how that is any different than what Suter is doing. He is looking at all his options before signing a contract. I think you'd do the same thing all things considered if given that opportunity.

Maybe Suter thinks the grass is greener on the other side and he signs on day 1 and your opinion will be spot on. Say he doesn't sign for a few days or even weeks, maybe he's mulling over all the options and seeing what's best for him and his family. I don't see anything wrong with that considering he's earned that right by playing out his contract for us. Maybe he's back with us, maybe he isn't. I don't think him not signing with us is a clear sign that says he doesn't want to come back. Guys don't get this chance very often in their careers and he's looking at every angle and unturned stone. He's doing what's right for his career and family and if it hurts our team in the process, so be it, I can't fault him for that.

it's laughable...

it's my opinion that he's not coming back... it has nothing to do with my life experiences and it has nothing to do with why or what Suter will do, or if it is logical for his family or life. and I haven't faulted him for anything

there is no logical parallel, i don't really see any logic...

so, what in your life has given you the experience to make these assumptions about Suter and what he is doing for his career and family? Just curious, have you ever made a decision about a job and moved? Have you had a good business? Just curious , nothing personal...