View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
RiffyNYR61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I think alot of people just believe the Rangers D core is already great as constructed (we can use a back guy sure) with Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Del Zotto that Erixon is expendable in a deal to bring in some scoring.
Point taken, it is nice to have a plethora of young defensemen so that we can flip it for a scorer we badly need, but I'm seeing that people are very quick to choose TE as the guy to go. Not only that, but the D is, in fact, very young.. and while their potential excites me, we know that things (injuries, guys just not panning out) happens a lot in this game- especially to Dmen (barret jackman? or for NYR kloucek/tyutin).

NYR89, I think Erixon will be better than DZ in the long run. I like D a lot, but I think that he is the most likely to fail of this group, and on top of that I believe his ceiling is the lowest.

If you can get a guy like bobby ryan in a trade for a young D you do it.. but you dont give up a Tim Erixon for david perron. Unless you have the ability to package a guy for a top player up front (which may well happen, we need a scorer) you stick with this group and make the right choices in free agency.