Thread: Proposal: Derek Roy to Anaheim
View Single Post
Old
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
ericnut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
Hey guys, can you trade us a player with an extension but we don't want to give up much?

Why don't these wind up on the trade forum? You don't want to give up what Darcy would want. Point blank. Darcy overvalues everything.

And besides, even if WE agree, then what? Here's your pat on the back for the future. /pat

Roy is staying here unless its a knockout. Ring Darcy up at the trade deadline.
The 6th overall pick is likely in play, and no, not just on HFBoards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Just to clarify with the original poster is getzlaf def off the board lol?
Yes, Getzlaf is not in play. The Ducks expect him to sign a long term deal -- Getzlaf said he wants to play his entire career with one team. Of course things can change, but he is a UFA next season so we should know soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
I know you would know better than me OP but do the Ducks want to get Roy who's contract is up at the same time as Getlzaf's? Regardless, I'm on board with FSE's proposal.

And enrothorne, I know Darcy holds his players to high value but I wouldn't say it would take a knockout. In virtually all of his interviews after this season, Roy was never mentioned unless he was directly asked about him. In years past Roy would always be mentioned as a focal point of the future. Perhaps I am reading too much into that but maybe I'm not.
Yeah, that's why I mentioned Roy would have to agree to a contract extension.

ericnut is online now   Reply With Quote