Thread: Speculation: Controlling Kesler
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 12:03 AM
ahmon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Whens the last time Kelser made others around him better?

The issue as I see it is not that hes not a "playmaker" but that he always seems to have issue meshing with others.

As the leader its your job to make that happen. Its your job to tweak your game and communicate what is needed so that others can tweak their game.

We went through the same process of finding wingers for the Sedins but they have had much more success at making others around them better.

The Sedins rely much much less on the "I'll do it my bloody self" attitude that Kesler seems to struggle with.

A team is about trusting your team mates. In order for someone to prove to you that you can trust them you first have to let go a trust them.

Kesler seems to have a short "fuse" when it comes to trusting others. Who knows why?

AV was probably referring to this when he commented on Kesler using his linemates better. To which Kesler takes offense to it.

There is a lot of myth related to Kesler not the least which is Beast Mode. How many times have we seen beast mode?

I don't see kesler not trusting the sedins on the pp. He doesn't take bad shots, and he allows the twins to make their plays.

At the end of the day, kesler is a scorer and the twins are playmakers.

If your linemate is booth, and all he does is speed down the wing and take shots that hit the goalies logo, what is kesler suppose to do? Especially if kesler does not have elite vision.

Sedins are a totally different story. Both Danny/Hank are great playmakers. Of course they don't have that "ill do it myself". Hank has actually pass up open nets. If anything, if they have more of that selfish attitude, their games would be even more dynamic.

If the team brings in an elite playmaker with kesler, and he still does not trust the guy, then I agree with you.

So far, it hasn't happened yet.

ahmon is offline   Reply With Quote