View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
McClement probably wants closer to third line money and minutes whereas in reality he needs to be a 4th line/PKer. The loss of McClement will definitely be felt, both on the PK and if one of our other 3 centers is hurt because McClement does have the ability to legitimize a defensive line basically on his own (Mcleod-McClement-Kobasew looked great where as put Olver in there and I doubt you get close to the same results).

That said, we have 3 very talented centers who all seem to play their best getting around 20 minutes of icetime a game. Other teams best players PK (LA and Detroit for example) so why not Staz and O'reilly and Lando too? It helps keep them engaged in all aspects of the game and make their impact felt all over the ice. If we're going to roll all 3 centers, our 4th line has to be content playing very limited minutes.

That said they should still find a cheaper vet to plug that hole rather than simply plug it with an Olver or Malone.

I would be happy with allocating more ice time to our top 3 lines if only Duchene's line could be solidified. I don't have faith in a combination of Olver, Mueller or Hejduk on his wing going into next season, that line is going to be soft on the forecheck and defensively suspect

Nihiliste is online now   Reply With Quote