View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I wonder if Redden will play ANOTHER season for the Whale. Kind of a bizarre situation because I would've figured one party or both parties would've figured out a way for him to be on another NHL team or play in anotherl eague. It must be what he wants, which is odd.

If Erixon starts in the AHL I think we're OK. It will not shock me if Bickel starts in the AHL, either. Defense at the NHL level is something the team will push to upgrade and not from within, IMO.

Staal, Girardi, MDZ, McDonagh, UFA/trade, UFA/trade (I would like Stralman back as I think it would open us up to trade MDZ for some help in the top 6, but it doesn't sound like he'll be back.)
(Bickel?)Erixon, Redden, McIlrath, Vernance, ?, ?

Is Pashnin coming to North America next season or what? He wows at every camp and then ships back to Russia.
Pashnin signed a 2 year contract with CSKA last summer.

Redden is an interesting case. The CBA ends September 15. The Rangers didn't invite Redden to their training camp last September. He reported directly to the Whale camp. The Rangers and the NHL will tell Redden to stay home this September. They aren't going to pay his $5M salary to play him in the AHL during the lockout. When there is a compliance/amnesty buyout period,Redden will be bought out.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote