View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Any chance the rangers take a goalie that columbus is high on for 'trade bait'?
Not now, but eventually. You may not get a great player straight up for an up and coming goalie, but as part of a package its totally possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Agreed, i would be very much for this. 3 2nd rounders would be a very good option imo. One goalie, and a couple of hit or miss fwds. That would be the beat theoretical way to go. But I do not think Gordie wants this? We shall see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers don't tend to draft any player high just to turn around and trade them and they really nurture their first round picks. If Vasilevskiy or even Subban is the pick because they think he's the best player then so be it. The Rangers do have a depth problem as far as goal and getting a successor to Henrik in place is not a bad idea for an iffy draft. Keeping in mind as well we're not talking a top ten pick--we're talking tail end of the first round. The main thing is the guy becomes a good NHL player not necessarily what his position is.

If both goalies plus Dansk are still on board trading down to a team with multiple second round picks might be another way to go. Montreal--for instance--takes the 28 and we pick up an extra 2nd rounder and pick up a goalie that way.

I say it before every draft - Sather has never traded down in the first round. Maybe that means he's due, but I don't see it. They have shown in the last few drafts that when they like someone they go after him.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote