View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 08:48 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I was talking Cervenka, not horak, he doesn't have a roster spot coming into next season. When I'm talking skill, I'm talking about guys that can do fun things with the puck.

When someone is talking hockey and says something about skill guys, they're talking about finesse players. While there are of course exceptions to everything... Guys who tend to be good at the shootout or also guys who tend to be good with the puck, good at making moves and of course have magnificent hands.

If you ever watched the Rockets when backlund wad there, or watched him play for Sweden at the world's.... He was doing amazing things, he was fun to watch and he was dangerous every time he hit the ice... Those creative guys are what you want in the shootout.
One word. Confidence.

At this point in his career he has yet to prove to himself that he can make those plays and show his offensive creativity at the highest level. He may never grow to find that confidence either, but if he does he certainly has the skillset to be a highly productive NHL player.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote