View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 09:58 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Apart from Suter, none of the mid or high end UFA's interest me AT ALL.

Doan stated that if the Coyotes left Phoenix he would seriously contemplate retirement. He does not want to move his family and they love Phoenix. He will not sign in NY.

Parise, while a great, hard-working player, will, IMO, break down in 3~4 years due to his playing style. When he starts to slow down, his numbers will drop rapidly.

The best move for this organization would be to go out and offer a serious contract to Ryan Suter. Bring him in as the Rangers #1 d-man which opens up the possibility of moving Del Zotto for a forward.

Nash - Overpaid and Howson is asking for TOO Much.
Ryan - Good complimentary player but does not bring it every night.
Getzlaf - If he is available, he should be the target.

I like the ideas of Oshie and Perron from St Louis. They have too many wingers with Tarasenko and Schwartz ready to go next season.

Signing Schultz and Suter should be the priority. Do not make the knee-jerk reaction of just settling for what is out there in terms of forwards like they did with Gomez and Drury when they needed centers. This years UFA forward crop is total crap.

Staal
Perry
Getzlaf
Iginla
Ribeiro
Hartnell
Clowe
Weiss
Filpulla
Clarkson
Zajac

All available next year

Will all of them reach UFA? No. But I will bet you some of them do. MUCH better options next year.

Torts said he wants to add another top-4 d-man. He coached Suter at the Olympics. Shore up one of the holes this off-season and make a trade for a young, inexpensive, skilled forward with MDZ.

Make a run at Perry, Getzlaf, Zajac, Clarkson, Clowe, etc. next off-season.

PLEASE!!