View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why does every proposal here include the Rangers giving up 4 assets for 1 player? Is that a requirement for the NHL XBOX game or something? You guys offer 4 guys for 1 like its candy.
Well give us a suggestion on how to get the extra scoring we need without giving up assets. In an ideal world you get that scoring from within the organization or fleece another team like the McDonagh trade but i dont think either will come to fruition.

We have glaring needs in the scoring department but if people are happy to stand pat and let the team grow without making the moves needed to improve scoring then thats fine with me. I wont be expecting us to win the cup though as was shown this year with our inability to put teams away or score enough goals.

I dont think anyone is under the impression that the players we are advocating trading are "candy" as you put it but the players most are saying to go for aren't players who are coming to the end of their career. They are players like Nash and Ryan etc who are are coming into to their prime. We now know Parise isn't an option.

Would i trade assets to get Ryan, Nash yes within reason.

Would i trade assets to get Iginla, St Louis etc no way.