Old
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Huffer......Why you read my mind?!
I would also have the same order.

As for dropping the mitts, we need skilled forwards on the ice. that is what the GST line is for.

But all three are good strong physical players. Couturier also brings that classic hockey face of missing teeth to the game

And I dont want to see Schenn ever drop the mitts again after getting rocked by Kovalchuk

^^^^
ok maybe I take that back after I started watching a bunch of Kovals fights on YouTube..he has manhandled some pretty big boys
Any combo of 2 those 4 is an upgrade.
I like Simmonds' physical game and goal scoring potential. Voracek hasn't put up great goal totals, and simmonds has (even if it was only once this past year). But he's capable, no doubt.

Guys that can score and are tough, is a great combo, imo. Doesn't matter what kind of game the opposition wants to play, they can.

And it's nice to have that in the Top 6 with guys that play more minutes. Guys like M richards, getzlaf, backes, hartnell, doan, lucic, etc.

That physical element in our top 6 is still missing, imo. It would definitely help our road record. And its not coming with scheifele, but maybe a bit with Machacek (edit: assuming they develop into top 6 forwards in a couple of years).