View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn10 View Post
Even for a signed Weber, I still can't imagine Couturier would be on the table. At that point the Flyers would have no young great defensive centers (we can all argue about what Schenn may become) but at this point he isn't close to an elite defensive level. The Flyers know they will be facing Crosby/Malkin down the middle for the forseeable future, and they need a center to match up with those 2.

If this was the scenario I imagine the Flyers would try to make Schenn the centerpiece of the deal, and add JvR and picks to complete the deal. Both Homer and Snider love Couts, and they both see him as a huge part of our future both defensively and offensively.

Getting an elite #1 defensemen like Weber would be huge and fill a missing piece of the puzzle for the Flyers, but losing Couturier would blow another hole in our roster, as we wouldnt have any big centers capable of shutting down Malkin and Crosby.
I agree with what you said, but if Weber does become available, we would probably need to include him. We would be competing against 28 other teams to try to acquire him. Many teams would be willing to give up young talented assets for his services. If they do trade Couts away for Weber, they could always try to sign Gaustad on July 1st to help with that. Weber would also make a huge difference when playing Crosby and Malkin.