View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Keep in mind I'm some random dude on the internet with no inside info, just echoing the general consensous of Preds fans.

It look like a 98% chance Suter hits UFA on July 1st, but we believe it will be a little like the Kovalchuk situation. Suter has said he loves Nashville, and we meet his criteria (small town, small market, family friendly, compeititve), but the allure of UFA is hard to resist. Our educated guess is that he hits free agency but keeps Nashville as one of the top 2 or 3 teams on his list.

This Weber situation is basically independent of Suter. I think if Suter stays, Weber is more likely to want to stay, but who knows? Shea Weber is a predator for as long as he wants to be one, but if he wants out, regardless of Suter, we have to recoup assets for him.

I would hope/assume the conversation happens the second we find out for sure about Suter so Weber knows if his All-star D partner is sticking around.
This is my take as an independent fan with the exception that I disagree that Suter and Weber are completely unlinked. Weber has to look at Suter's situation as a comparable for his own. If Suter walks, I think that absolutely impacts Weber's sense of the what he's going to do.