View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
In 2012...

Kovalev >>> Avstin, Blunden, Engqvist, Staubitz, Geoffrion and Nokelainen.

Kovalev << < Leblanc, Moen, White, Darche and Dumont.

Palushaj? I don't know. He had his chances and showed us... irregularities. Given an offensive role and enough confidence, he may surprise us. Near the crease... does he have a "killer" instinct?

--------------

So... he (Kovalev) should not expect more than 1M/1year. Ideally, from a Canadiens' perspective, he would accept an invite.

Btw... the posters with in mind should think of how good Plekanec and Jagr would have look in 2011-12; a lot of people linked to 12-13 months ago. In 2011-12 Plekanec mostly played with decent 3rd or 4th line wingers: Bourque, Moen, Darche... I wish for a better solution than Kovalev but the list of "must improve upfront" (Avstin, Blunden, Engqvist, Staubitz, Geoffrion and Nokelainen) is so freakin' long that I sure am willing to give him a chance.

One thing is sure: the guy does not shy away from the Montreal fan passion; he (contrary to Higgins, Spacek, Martin Lapointe...) feeds from it.

Long story short: the priority is to revamp our D squad. We also need a top 3 lines winger and a #4C. If we are successful on the D front, Kovalev would be a nice plan D or Z upfront. Signing a good #4C (White does not have a high hockey IQ while Dumont sucks in the face-offs circle) should not be a problem if you are willing (Montreal is top3 in the league in terms of wealth) to overpay by 0,5M$/year.

PS Gomez? I prefer to pretend (until Bergevin copes with him… hopefully) he does not exist.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote