View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
A shame to see McClement go, and I don't blame him for testing what most assuredly will be a monstrously inflated market, but there's only so much you should pay for a 3rd/4th line center, no matter how good he is. If he's unwilling to negotiate terms before July 1st, I don't blame management on this one.

Though it might also yield overpayment, I wouldn't mind seeing the Avs pursue Paul Gaustad and/or Jarret Stoll. I think both would be great additions.

The Avs do need to watch out for their PK tumbling back into the abyss. It's taken a very long and frustrating time for them to fix one of the worst PK units in the league. If they don't want to overpay, fine, but they better damn well have a contingency plan in place. And Brad Malone is not a sufficient contingency plan.
Ok, so if you get Gaustad or Stoll, who's sitting? Or are you suggesting we bring back the disaster that was Duchene at LW again?? Neither of those guys are signing with the Avs to play as 4th line center.

Don't forget, PK isn't necessarily all about the forwards, there's TWO Ds out there and a goalie. We've upgraded those two positions significantly to help improve the PK.

I am pretty confident that the Avs will sign a depth guy to specifically play as the 4th line center (Burish or Halpern or a guy like that) and maybe some fans won't like it at first but when they show they can be pretty valuable pieces, most will realize that the Avs did the right thing here.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote