View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 03:47 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Why wouldn't Gaustad sign as a 4th line center with us? He played that role last year in Buffalo/Nashville. As for Stoll, I envision him doing the same center/wing thing both Duchene and Fleischmann did. When those two were together it didn't really matter who played wing. I realize both are longshots and that my reasoning isn't entirely sound, I just feel like both would be great additions, if not entirely pragmatic.

All I ask is that the Avs get a good 4th line center who can take defensive zone draws if need be and eat PK minutes so ROR isn't as horribly overworked as he was the 2nd half of last season.
I agree, we need a 4th line center but I'm not sold that he has to be a PK stud as we have a fair amount of players in the top nine that can share PK duties. In addition, as has been mentioned before, the upgrades on D and goalies contributed significantly to our better PK last season...it wasn't just the J Mac show out there.

As for ROR being overworked the 2nd half of last season, a lot of that was how due to how bad Duchene and Stastny (at times prior to the trade deadline) were playing as well as how injured Duchene was when he was playing. That shouldn't be a problem next season as both should be reporting to camp in shape and with good health.

As much as I like Jay, I really don't have a huge problem with him leaving if he gets some stoopid offer (which I'm sure he will get.)

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote