Old
06-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post
Hello Habs fans,

Sorry to have to create a thread for this, but a bunch of the Habs fans at my office have been talking about this "rumour" that the Habs were in the process of deciding if they would buyout Gomez' contract or keep him.

I've checked the Hab threads for the last couple days and haven't seen anything mentioned (forgive me if I left some rocks un-turned).

Is there any actual news on what's going on?

Personally I would think Gomez is given a chance to play under the new coach before a decision is made (new coach, new system) because I've heard it said that Gomez doesn't play well under the dump-and-chase system that Martin/Cunneyworth employed, and Therrien may have better performances from him.

Thanks for the help/clarifications.
I think that ship has sailed. I like our centers 1-3 and hope we draft another next Friday(Galcheyuk). The only solution for Gomez is to bite the bullet and waive him late summer and allow him to find a spot to play anywhere in the world.

We need his cap room in order to not have to rush young players and bounce back from last year's crappy season.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote