Thread: Confirmed with Link: Stewart re-signed, 1 yr/3M
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM
BleedBlue42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Do you expect him to say anything differently? Yes, we're shopping him and we want a better player back even if we have to add. We both know he can't come out and say that without lowering his value. You said it yourself on the main boards. I'm not saying he's going to sell him just to do it, don't think that. My money is on a Stewart+ deal for a better player. Is that so hard to accept?
But do you think Armstrong would risk ruining his reputation and that of the Blues' organization by trading Stewart after saying that? I doubt it. Sure, professionals say good things about their organization when things are going bad by creating a pretense, but there is a difference between claiming to do something and making their organization sound good.

"Stewart has a lot of potential, and it's not smart to trade him after one bad year. That's not something we are going to do."

vs.

"Stewart has a lot of potential underneath him. We have confidence that he will return back to his old form."

See the difference?

Army would not say that they are going to keep Stewart and then trade him like that. That's not happening. Mark my words.

BleedBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote