Thread: Confirmed with Link: Stewart re-signed, 1 yr/3M
View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 06:34 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Look, if Stewart reaches 30 goals in this Blues system I'd love to eat that crow. I really would. I'm no different than anybody else having high expectations for the guy heading into this last year. Whatever helps the Blues win more games and be a stronger team I'm for. Him doubling his goal output would be awesome. Would love to see it. Have many doubts.
I'm not saying he will or wont. I do think we will see Stewart perform better then he did last season. He knows that this season can make or break his career.

I get the impression that Stewart is a good guy off the ice. I get the impression he wants to prove himself. Keeping him one more year I see it as we have nothing to lose. I don't think Stewart holds high enough trade value to trade him currently. Sure i would love to be able to package Stewart for Marc Staal. It just is not an option though. Stewart playing up to his potential is worth more then anything we would get in trade.

Stewart really gives me the impression he wants to be a St Louis Blue. As a fan that right there has me willing to be more patient with a player.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote