Old
06-14-2012, 05:40 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Stuart's not far behind.

Though I'd be interested to hear Sharks fans opinion on the future of the team.

Do you try to keep pushing ahead or do you dump Thornton/Marleau/Havlat/Boyle for picks and prospects? I know their prospect pool is one of the worst and most of their core is over 30, I've heard a few Sharks fans say they'd like to blow up the team and shorten the rebuild a little bit less than it would take to leave it how it is.
Stuart isn't a core player.

It really depends on the fan you ask. Personally, I think the window is closed and we should trade Thornton/Boyle/Clowe/Niemi for a ton of young assets. I don't think this is the place to explain why those guys over Marleau/Havlat. The Sharks are in a position right now where they do have the assets to do a major overhaul without tanking, but they have to act now to avoid getting to a Flames situation.

As for our core, Thornton/Marleau/Boyle are over 30, so that sucks, but Burns/Pavelski are 27, Couture is 23, Vlasic is 25, Clowe is 29, and we have quite a few young roster players like Wingels, Desjardins, Demers, and Braun, who are all on the rise. That's a top defensive pair and centers #1 and #2 all entering their primes. We're not nearly as screwed as HF likes to think.