View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
How much are you going pay Gaustad to play on the 4th line? He made 2.5M last year. Would you expect him to take a paycut? Or expect him to sign on for a 4th line role?
No paycut. We have plenty of cap room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Not winning a cup with that d-core. Also you forgot the fact that Jagr apparently ALREADY has terms to a deal done.
Jagr's deal may be done, but it doesn't mean he's signed. My hope is that we come to our senses before July 1st. It won't happen, but I can hope right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
That d core wasnt nearly good enough to get past the 2nd round last season. It's not going to be good enough next season, unless timonen reverse ages and pronger gets de-concussed.

It's just NOT good enough. It's pretty plain and simple. They need a significant upgrade in one of those defensive spots if there's going to be any sort of progress, or else it's going to be more of the same thing next season. Sure Meszaros was hurt most of the second half but he was a non factor in the first half.

I don't know how you could believe staying pat at defense to be a good idea.
Staying pat at defense isn't a good idea. No, we can't win with that defense when it's hurt. With Grossmann and Meszaros healthy? Maybe. Still, unlikely. I know.

However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
2013 UFA Defensemen:

(Weber)
Timonen
Streit
Visnovsky
Gonchar
Hainsey
Regehr
Zidlicky
Whitney
Enstrom
Hamrlik
Edler
Vlasic
Leopold
Lydman
I. White
Poti
Babchuk
Ference
Smid

Sign Carle this year, make a run at Schultz, and draft a defenseman. Go after Weber next year. Streit, Enstrom, Edler, Vlasic, and Smid interest me as well should they make it to market.

There's no reason to overpay Suter, and less reason to worry should we not get him.