View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Giroux 4 MVP
Gir°ux #28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
It was just announced on tsn.ca that JVR will NOT need surgery on his hip. Of note, I talked to my scout friend after the news was announced and he said that the Flyers are in on some serious talks for defensemen. There were several names being thrown about and Weber is not on the list. Nashville simply wants way too much. Kulikov's name has come up, OEL in Phoenix as well as Rundblad and Gormley. However, the other name that's come up that 's gone under the radar is Erik Johnson. Holmgren and company believe he's ready to bring his game to the next level and that they see him as being a top pairing guy.

As for Rick Nash, the Flyers are supposed to be bowing out because once again, the cost is too high. They offered two players and a couple of first round picks and Columbus said no. Holmgren feels that his offer was more than fair and Scott Howson is the one who put himself in his situation and that Holmgren has thrown him a very nice bone. So, expect Holmgren to kick tires with teams you normally don't hear him talk about (Dallas, San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, etc....)
Getting kulikov would be phenomenal.....one of my favorite players not on the flyers