View Single Post
Old
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Howsen's an idiot. Plain and simple. He has no leverage on a Nash trade. He wants Schenn, Kreider, Couturier, etc., but he's going to have to realize that he's going to end up with players like JVR, Voracek, Dubinsky, Simmonds, or Stepan (maybe).

He can drag it on as long as he wants, but NYR and PHI have no reason whatsoever to give up pieces like Schenn, Kreider, Couturier, McDonagh, or Staal for Nash. The guy just isnt that good. He's a great piece to have, but at the end of the day, he doesnt provide enough to justify giving up players with the talent to be just as valuable, if not more so.

I'm not surprised to hear us testing the waters on other young defenders, either. Erik Johnson would be great, but there is no reason for Colorado to move him at all. Same goes for Gudbranson, Kulikov, and OEL.

Not really sure who we could go for...I think Bouwmeester would be alright, and not too expensive-- I wouldnt be mad if we took a chance on him for the right price.

But I really think we'll wait it out, and then Howsen will come back and offer the 2nd overall for JVR+20th overall on draft day. Then we draft Murray, and all is right with the world again