06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
"Asked us to consider trading him."

conĚsidĚer /kənˈsidər/
Verb:
1. Think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision: "each application is considered".
2. Think about and be drawn toward (a course of action).

I don't see anything absolute or definite in there. Certainly not anything along the lines of "he wants out ASAP."

And why are you attributing diplomatic and/or tactful "spin" of the request to Howson? Howson had no comments on the request beyond that which you've quoted; everything else comes from Nash himself. There's a transcript of Nash's press conference afterward which you might want to read:
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...ewsletter.html
Come on, man. Howsen's not gonna say, "Nash wants out ASAP".

Howsen put it delicately-- Nash asked him to consider trading him. When translated, that means Nash asked for a trade.

Really, Viqsi, how do you think these things work? Do you think some players just walk into the GM's office and say, "Hey! Trade me right now!"? Most players, with the only real exception being Patrick Roy, seem to approach the GM and ask if they may be traded.

You're reading his words a little too literally. In the transcript you provided, Nash is directly asked why he asked to be traded, and he never objects to doing so, either. It's quite clear that he did request a trade.

Although from that transcript, Nash really comes across as a true class act. I dont think I could even bring myself to be mad if the Flyers acquired him even for extreme overpayment

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote