View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Richie10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llb9977 View Post
great pics, the crowd looked pretty thin at certain parts. i was expecting alot more. hope a good time was had by all who did show up.
Downtown LA (in the area along the parade route) is much more of a sprawl than, say, Manhattan or even downtown Chicago, where everything is stacked on top of each other. Southern California in general has much more wide open spaces. That's why the crowd looked sparse in certain areas along the route. Add to the fact that actually getting into downtown LA, with all the blockages for the parade itself, was like trying to walk into Mordor (something one simply does not do). And it was a Thursday early afternoon.

I commented to my wife that I wish they would have done the parade on a Saturday or Sunday - it would have been much more packed. But she started to point out how many people were standing in parking structures, or watching from their office windows, and it was clear how many damn people were down there. Initial estimates were 250k, but I'm sure it was more. My brother, who was staying downtown with his girlfriend, said rally tickets sold out in less then 10 minutes.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote