View Single Post
Old
06-15-2012, 07:28 AM
JohnnyB11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
No, with the Sea Dogs he was absolutely terrible. He had an enormously stacked team in Saint John. It would have taken a special kind of idiot to mess up that roster.

I was a Sea Dog ticket holder and trust me when I say he was terrible. If it weren't for Mike Kelly things most likely would have gotten ugly.

I am not thrilled by this move. His answers will be a lot like Therrien's, working harder will be the solution for everything.
Well, just to balance things out I too was a Sea Dog season ticket holder and I thought he was absolutely brilliant. That's not taking anything away from Mike Kelly, but Gerard Gallant did a hell of a job in SJ.

And I'm not the only one who thinks so - In spite of being 'absolutely terrible', He was nominated for the Ron Lapointe Trophy all three years he was here, winning the award twice. But obviously, like the Habs, the Q brass didn't have a clue either, is that what you're saying??

Players loved playing for him, in fact just yesterday Mike Kelly was quoted saying " It's imperative that a head coach establish an environment where players are having fun and enjoying the experience yet still held accountable. He brings that as well as anyone I've seen".

As a STH, you must have seen the Dogs play the odd listless period as I did. I knew full well they'd come back out like madmen after Gallant had a word with them, and that's exactly the way it worked. Again, no credit to Gallant though, right?

The amount of negativity surrounding this hire baffles me. I for one am thrilled with the admin team being assembled here, right from Bergevin on down. Sad that after last seasons mess, the clean up is in full effect and there is still complaints. I guess that's just the way it always will be in Habland.

Last edited by JohnnyB11: 06-15-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention he won the Kilrea award once too, CHL coach of the year. Despite being 'absolutely terrible'. What a joke.
JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote